ምርት 8 TO 10 SERVINGS የዝግጅት ጊዜ 30 MINUTES የማብሰያ ጊዜ 15 MINUTES ተጨማሪ ጊዜ 15 MINUTES ጠቅላላ ጊዜ 1 ሰዓት
የዩል ምዝግብ ማስታወሻ
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 3/4 ኩባያ (6 አውንስ) ስኳር
- 6 የእንቁላል ጫማዎች
- 1/3 cup (1 1/4 oz) unsweetened cocoa, good quality
- 1 የቪጋን ስኳር ዴፖ ማውጣት
- ጨው ጨርቅ
- የኮመጠጠ ሰው ስኳር
በተሰበረ ጥርስ ዉስጥ የሚሞላ ነገር
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 ኩባያ ያልጣፈጠ ካካዋ
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
Mocha Buttercream Icing (optional)
- 1/4 cup (57 g) butter, room temperature
- 2.5 cups (250 g) confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- about 1/4 cup (1 to 2 oz) of cold, strong coffee
Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC.)
- Prepare 15x10x1 jelly (Swiss) roll pan by buttering the pan, lining with parchment paper and then lightly butter the paper.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites at high speed until soft peaks form when beaters are slowly lifted. Add 1/4 cup (2 oz) sugar, two tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Using the same beaters, beat yolks at high speed, adding remaining 1/2 cup (4 oz) sugar, two tablespoons at a time, until very thick (about 4 minutes.
- At low speed, beat in cocoa, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- With a spatula or large spoon, gently fold cocoa mixture into egg whites just until blended (until there are no egg whites visible.) Spread evenly into pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed.
- Place a clean linen kitchen towel on workspace and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, in a 15"x10" area. Turn cake out onto sugared towel and carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake, starting with the short end.
- Continue rolling until the end, and then place seam side down onto cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
Filling: place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until thick; then chill.
To assemble: unroll the cake and cover with filling to 1" from the edge.
- Re-roll without the cloth, and place seam side down onto serving plate.
- Cover loosely with foil and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. This can also be frozen for up to a week, wrapped in foil.
- Let stand at room temperature for one hour before serving.
To serve as in the original recipe: place on a serving platter, dust with confectioner's sugar and decorate with red candied cherries and green angelica leaves.
Christina's Method of Decorating a Yule Log
- Prepare buttercream frosting: mix all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy, adding enough coffee until a smooth, spreadable consistency is reached.
- Before placing the filled yule log on a serving plate, cut a small piece off each end of the log, at a slight angle. Cut smaller than you think you should or you'll end up with a stump.
- Spread a little frosting on an end of each piece (outside ends) and attach it to the log to make it look like a log with two cut branches on it.
- Frost the entire log, using a butter knife and make the frosting look like bark, by making rough streaks with the knife.
- Alternately, you can run a fork along the entire dessert, to make it look like the bark on a log. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar just before serving (to make it look like snow.)
- Decorate with meringue mushrooms, pine needles, sugared cranberries, rosemary, and/or other decorations.