ምርት 8 አገልግሎቶች የዝግጅት ጊዜ 5 MINUTES የማብሰያ ጊዜ 5 MINUTES ተጨማሪ ጊዜ 5 ሰዓቶች ጠቅላላ ጊዜ 5 ሰዓቶች 10 ደቂቃዎች
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- 3 cups (500 g) strawberries, cut in half (if using cups, cut first then measure)
- 3/4 ስኒ (170 ግራም) ስኳር
- 1 Tbsp የሎሚ ጭማቂ
- (8 oz whipping cream, whipped until thick - optional)
- Melt sugar in the water. Remove from heat, bring to room temperature, then chill for about 2 hours or until cold.
- Put the strawberries and lemon juice in a blender and process to a purée.
- Mix the strawberry purée with the sugar water. Then pour into a metal pan and freeze.
- Begin setting a timer for 45 minutes intervals. When the timer sounds, remove the pan from the freezer and stir well with a fork. The first time, it will seem like it's not working, but it's okay. Put the pan back into the freezer. Continue this for at least 4 or 5 times or until the granita is ready. You will know when you have ice crystals instead of a solid mass.
- Transfer to clear serving glasses or dessert bowls, if serving immediately. If not, move the granita to a sealed container and keep frozen.
- If you are serving it with cream, top the strawberry ice with freshly whipped, unsweetened cream.