ምርት 12 አገልግሎቶች የዝግጅት ጊዜ 15 MINUTES የመጋገሪያ ጊዜ 30 MINUTES ጠቅላላ ጊዜ 45 MINUTES
- about 10 cups (300 g) fresh spinach, blanched or 275 g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 እንቁላል
- 1 ኩባያ (230 ግራም) ስኳር
- ጨው ጨርቅ
- just under 1 cup (225 ml) olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1 ¾ c (250 g) all purpose flour
- 2 ቴስ ስፓይድ ዱቄት
- ¾ tsp salt
- zest of one lemon
- 1 ⅓ c (300 g) cream cheese (or mascarpone, or combination)
- ⅓ + 1 Tbsp (100 g) good quality butter
- 2 c (300 g) confectioner's (powdered) sugar
- 1 tsp ቫኒላ
- Or Use the Orange Frosting Recipe Below
Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
Grease and flour two 8" cake pans.
- Purée the spinach with the lemon juice, and set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar and salt in a stand mixer (or with a hand held mixer) until it increases in volume, turns a pale yellow, and makes ribbons in the batter when the beaters are lifted.
- While beating the mixture, slowly pour in the oil.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, and with a large spoon, fold it into the batter in thirds, clearing after each addition.
- When all the flour has been added, the batter will be smooth, thick and heavy.
- Add the spinach purée.Then add the lemon zest and mix until well combined.
- Divide the green cake batter between the two prepared 8" cake pans.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake. Allow to cool in pans for about 10 to 15 minutes, then carefully remove and place on cooling racks.
Make the Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Mix all the ingredients together until smooth. You can choose the plain frosting, or the orange cream cheese frosting.
- When the cakes are cool, divide the frosting, and spread one layer with half .
- I just pull the knife from the centerpoint to the edge to make a nice pattern to show from the outside.
- Slice off the top of the other layer, if needed, and place it atop the frosted layer. Spread the rest of the frosting on top, then decorate with fresh, or freeze dried raspberries, and/or flowers.